Invisalign Fundamentals (IFC)
This Invisalign Fundamentals course is offered for Dental Support Organizations to provide dentists and their teams with the essential education and tools needed to start treating patients with Invisalign®. Invisalign Fundamentals is comprised of two parts – a Live Course focused on clinical education and hands-on training and Online Training modules designed to cover the all the basics needed to start an Invisalign case.
Live Course Overview
Designed for dentists and their teams, this exciting course provides participants with the clinical and operational training necessary to begin treating a broad range of patients with Invisalign.
Included is a separate session exclusively for team members, covering relevant case submission topics and providing attendees practical hands-on experience. It is highly recommended that all key team members attend this program, especially hygienists, assistants and treatment coordinators. This course features active and engaging instruction to foster efficient work flow and synergy for integrating Invisalign into the practice. All attendees will receive 7 CE credits.
- Identify ideal case types for Invisalign treatments
- Integrate all aspects of the Invisalign process into the practice
- Use the software that depicts a virtual set up of your planned treatment
- Find help and resources for additional information and training
Comprehensive Orthodontic Records Training (CORT)
Designed specifically for hygienists, assistants, and treatment coordinators interested in improving malocclusion screening, diagnostic records, and patient education techniques. This 4-hour hands-on course delivers valuable insights from industry leading hygienist, assistant, and treatment coordinator peer trainers to help attendees achieve optimal results for the malocclusion documentation and education process. Attendees will receive quality time with their peer trainer to improve the efficiency and accuracy in their roles with a focus on effectively capturing the patient’s issues with diagnostic records and using those records to successfully educate the patient to improve patient acceptance of orthodontic treatment.
- Quickly and efficiently identify malocclusions during the course of their standard workflow
- Capture publication-quality full mouth orthodontic photos (extraoral and intraoral)
- Take accurate 1-step PVS impressions that fully capture the entire dentition while reducing patient discomfort and impression quality issues
- Successfully use available resources and patient records to highlight the malocclusion and potential long term consequences to improve patient acceptance
- Efficiently assist with starting and monitoring aligner therapy
- Understand the importance and techniques involved with composite attachments required for successful aligner therapy
- Understand where to find additional resources for their continued education and fine-tune their techniques
- 4 CE hours, Hands-On
If your cancellation is at least 24 hours in advance of the course, you will receive a full refund. If your cancellation is less than 24 hours in advance, you will receive a gift certificate to attend a future class. We will do our best to accommodate your needs.
Shannon Pace Brinker, CDA CDD
Shannon Pace Brinker, CDA is a National and International Speaker, published author and has been a full time practicing dental assistant for over 23 years. Shannon is past faculty member at the Dawson Academy and Spear Education. She is an active member and first auxiliary to sit on the AACD Board of Directors and awarded the Rising Star award in 2014. Shannon is a member of the E4D Clinical Operations Operators (ECO) group and had extensive input for the certified dental designer CDD certification. Shannon was selected one of Dentistry Today’s Top 100 Clinicians. She was selected as Dental Products Report 25 most influential women in dentistry and Dr. Bicuspid’s Dental Assistant Educator of the year.
Shannon and her husband Erik are the owners of a Contemporary Product Solutions which provides lectures and hands on training for the complete dental team.
For information on dental assistant programs, please contact Shannon at 757-285-9477 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.