- This event has passed.
The Art of Exquisite Anterior and Posterior Provisionals
January 29, 2016 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$195
The role of dental restorations used for provisional and indirect restorative procedures has changed dramatically in the past several years and are no longer regarded as temporary restorations but rather as provisional restorations with distinct functions and purposes. Provisional restorations have become a vital diagnostic and assessment tool to evaluate function, color, shape, contour, occlusion, periodontal response, implant healing, and overall esthetics. An accurate fit and margination are essential to insure and maintain pulpal health. With increased demands being placed on provisional restorations, new materials and techniques are being developed and some existing protocols are being refined to accomplish desired goals. This course is designed to report on current materials, techniques, and concepts in fabricating and maintaining long-term esthetic provisionals.
- Choose the right provisional materials for shade-matching
- Discuss pre-op impression techniques for easy trimming
- Explain bur selection for fast and accurate trimming and polishing
- Identify carving techniques for realistic anatomy and ideal occlusion
- Replicate missing dentition and restore proper contour and shape with provisionals
The 3M grant has been applied to this course.